Master of Implantology of Athenea Dental Institute is a coursework program aimed at students who want to obtain the adequate professional training which will help them to manage the edentulism cases and carry out the necessary implantology treatments. It is a 2-year theory & hands-on master program validated by the University San Jorge which offers 60 credit points (ECTS), and which you can easily combine with your professional practice.
CREDITS: 60 ECTS.
TYPE: Part-time Master's Program, 2 years, 3 days per month.
To train the students:
- To improve their knowledge in dentistry related to the field of implantology.
- To train students in managing the situations in which edentulism treatment is needed with self-confidence and quality work.
- To train students in working as a part of an interdisciplinary team carrying out the implantology treatments.
- To train students in organizing the implantology services within a dental clinic.
- Theory classes.
- Laboratory and pre-clinical hands-on part.
- Clinical internship with patients.
- Attendance to Congresses.
- Independent works.
- On-line works and classes.
All our students will attend lectures and courses given by well-known professionals in the field of implantology. They should also attend national and international congresses and present a poster or give an oral presentation at some of them.
- Theory classes: Badalona, Barcelona.
- Laboratory and pre-clinical hands-on part: Badalona, Barcelona
- Clinical internship with patients: Barcelona.
Theory clases: Badalona.
Laboratory and preclinical practice: Badalona, Barcelona.
Clinical practice with patients: Barcelona.
Second Year (Edition 2017-2019)
BEGINNING: September, 2018.
END: June 2019.
|Master's Course Director
Dr. Javier González Lagunas
|Master's Course Coordinator
Dr. Manuel Cabezas
|Dr. Antonio Santos
|Dr. Joan Grau Cases
|Dr. Carolina Manresa
|Dr. Jon Eguizabal Chacartegui
|Dr. Pablo Echarri
|Dr. Xavier Soler
|Dr. Pedro Barrio
|Dr. Afonso Miguel Sánchez
REQUIREMENTS AND ADMISSION:
- Completed application form.
- Notarized copy of a corresponding Graduation Diploma (Dentistry or Stomatology). In case of foreign diploma, it should be officially accredited by corresponding Spanish authorities.
- Academic certificate of obtained qualifications (original or notarized copy).
- Photocopy of ID or passport.
- Two color ID-sized photographs, and jpg format.
- Recommendation letter (optional).
- Motivation letter.
- Professional liability insurance.
- Personal interview.
MATERIAL PROVIDED BY STUDENTS:
BASIC INSTRUMENTS FOR ORAL SURGERY
- Scalpel handle nº3 short, nº 7 long.
- Scalpel blades nº 11 and nº5.
- Surgical dissector.
- Howarth Periosteal Elevator.
- Separators (Minnesota, Farabeuf (2), Langenbeck, Senn-Miller, tongue depressor).
- Lip and cheek retractors (rubber block).
Instruments for bone removal
- Obwegeser bone chisel, 2mm.
- Metallic mallet, 300g.
- Gouge chisel.
- Hand piece for surgical motor, Q bur (tungsten nº 8) NR 557/703 fissure nº18 round.
- Curved gouge forceps.
- Plain gouge forceps.
- Bone files.
- Surgical curette (plain/curved).
Instruments for soft tissues removal
- Curettage spoon.
- Allis clamp.
- Dissecting scissors plain blunt point (15-17 cm), curved blunt point (15-17 cm).
- Mayo scissors (17 cm).
- Gillies forceps with and without teeth.
- Toothed Adson Tissue Holding Forceps (12 cm).
- Non-toothed Adson Tissue Holding Forceps (12 cm).
Instruments for suture
- Mayo-Hegar needle holder (16 cm).
- Pointed scissors (12 cm).
- Hemostatic clamp.
- Mosquito forceps, curved tip, plain tip.
- Kocher clamp, curved tip.
- Backhaus towel clamp.
- Cotton tweezer: disinfection of the working field.
- Aspiration cannula.
- Dental Forceps:
- Universal F-62
- Lower molars F-86
- Potts Elevator, Straight Seldin Elevator.
- Surgical skin hook.
- Photo camera.
- Mirrors and separators.
- Pen drive.
- SAM articulator and face bow.
- Rotatory material: turbine, micromotor, contra angle and hand piece.
- Rubber mixing bowl, plaster spatula and knife, wax spatula and knife, model saw.
- Digital X-rays plates.
- Clinical footwear
The uniform will be provided by Athenea Dental Institute.
To be determined.
If a student doesn't respect the established installments, his admission will be considered cancelled.
If a student pays the total of matriculation fees, but he wants to cancel, the following protocol will be followed:
- If the cancellation takes place before the beginning of the academic course, the student will have the right to get the refund of 80% of what he paid as long as his vacancy can be replaced by the admission of other student.
- The student will not have the right to any refund if the cancellation takes place after the beginning of the academic course.
Lleo 13, 1st floor, 08911 Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
(+34) 935 137 481
from 9am to 6pm