Snoring and obstructive apnea affect a high percentage of population and a dentist should be familiar with this disease and participate in its early detection and diagnosis. The treatment is carried out with intraoral devices by a dentist, who should be familiar with the interrelation of orthodontic treatments and OSAH treatments.
The objective of this course is to train dentists in diagnosis and treatment with intraoral devices of snoring and obstructive apnea, as well as how to include these concepts in treatment plan in orthodontic cases.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypoapnea (OSAH) in children. Definition.
- OSAH clinical examination in children: daytime and nighttime symptoms.
- Main treatment: Adenoid-tonsillectomy.
- Diagnosis: anamnesis, radiographic diagnosis, endoscopy, polysomnography.
- Apnea and Orthodontics in children.
- OSAH in adults. Classification: central, obstructive, mixerd and hypoapnea.
- Causes of snoring and apnea.
- Daytime and nighttime symptoms.
- Clinical history, clinical examination, exploration and polysomnography.
- Apnea treatment in adults.
- Lifestyle change.
- Upper airways surgery.
- Oral appliances (TAP).
- Orthognatic surgery.
- Case reports.
Dr. Pablo Echarri
The number of places is limited, and they will be allotted by the first book first given system.
The registrations received after the completing the available places will be put on waiting list in case of cancellations.
The registration fee of those who don’t achieve a place will be paid back in its totality.
In case you are forced to cancel your registration, it is necessary to inform us about it 20 days before the beginning of the course in order to have the right to the refund of the entire amount you paid. If the registration is cancelled after this date, the fee will be refunded with 30% of retention for organizing costs. If the cancellation takes place after the beginning of the course, there will be no refunding whatsoever.
ATHENEA DENTAL INSTITUTE reserves the right to modify the course program or to cancel the course in case there are insufficient registrations. The registration fee will be refunded in its totality.
Theory classes will be held with audiovisual aid.
Making photos or total or partial recording of the courses is strictly forbidden.
YOU ALSO MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN:
Athenea Dental Insitute
Ronda del General Mitre, 90 08021, Barcelona.
(+34) 935 137 481
10 a 14 hs 16 a 19 hs